- If we have a template Doc named
Buyer Contract Template with body title
<?buyer name?> Contract, then
- the intermediate Doc will be named
Buyer Contract, and
- the final Doc will be named
John Smith Contract where 'John Smith' is the value provided for the
buyer name parameter.
delete directive tags and any text between them will be removed from the intermediate Doc on the first processing run.
- It is not necessary to fully process all the parameters in the first run. Parameters with blank values will be left in the intermediate Doc.
Parameter names may not include the '?' character in the name. Otherwise, the names should be short, but descriptive.
- body title
- Refers to the first text element within a Doc body. This is generally styled as the 'Title'. Compare to the Doc name, which is the name of the file shown in the upper right corner of the Doc interface.
- template Doc
- A Google Doc used as a template. Generally, these should be 'marked' as templates using Mark as template.
- intermediate Doc
- A Doc created from a template but not yet fully processed.
- final Doc
- An intermediate Doc which has been processed.